5 Fun Facts About Duaiv:
1. Duaiv executes all of his pieces with a palette knife. This allows him to put layer upon layer of paint on the canvas which give his pieces beautiful dimension and texture. If you have ever tried creating works with only a palette knife you know how difficult this method is!
2. Duaiv is a French artist. He was born in Charentes-Maritimes in western France. It was not until 2003 that Duaiv decided to move to America after he realized the success he had gained here, and the opportunities that were becoming available. He currently resides in Miami, Florida.
3. Duaiv is not only a painter but also a musician. He is a distinguished cellist and still plays his music. From an early age, he showed an extraordinary talent for painting and music, so he successfully completed both the Conservatory of Music and the School of Fine Arts in Paris. Duaiv never neglected his interest in music. He has managed to develop his talents in parallel careers with equal success. This renowned Impressionist painter gave numerous performances as a cellist at such venues as the Maison de l’Amerique Latine, Hotel Hermitage in Monaco and the Chapelle de la Misericorde in Vallauris.
4. Duaiv is married to a former ballet dancer at the Opéra de Paris named Magella. Duaiv said the moment they met he knew he had encountered his soul-mate and the feminine ideal. They often performed music and dance numbers together. Recently, they both dyed their hair hot pink on one of his art cruises! He is a fun and corky man, which is apparent by his fashion sense and artwork!
5. Duaiv has been recognized worldwide for his artistic abilities. During the last ten years, the work of Duaiv the painter has received considerable recognition. He has had numerous solo exhibitions in France, Belgium, Switzerland, Spain and the United States. Duaiv has received an award “Greci Marino” from the International Academician, the European Foundation Prize as well as the Commander of the Order of the Star of Europe. In July, 2004, he was awarded “Lys d’Or” at the Cannes International Carlton for his international career.